How to File a Complaint

All complaints should be taken seriously. Everyone has a right to file a complaint and it is our responsibility to inform people of the steps they can take if they wish to file a complaint. Employees and citizens can file complaints with CES, NMSU's Office of Institutional Equity, or directly with CSREES. The contact information is listed below.

To file a complaint of discrimination contact NMSU's Office of Institutional Equity at:
MSC 3515, P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
(575) 646-3635

You may also click the link above to access discrimination grievance procedures.

To file a complaint of discrimination you may also write:
Director, Office of Civil Rights
1400 and Independence Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410
Call toll free at (866) 632-9992 (voice)
TDD users can contact USDA through local relay
or the Federal relay at (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (relay voice users)

To file a complaint you may also contact the New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension Service:
Associate Dean and Director
P.O. Box 30003, MSC 3AE
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Phone: (575) 646-3015
Fax: (575) 646-5975

One thing to remember if you have an angry customer / employee, most of the time they want someone to listen to them and to care about the situation.